Artist Sergey Andriaka is known as one of the leading masters of modern water colour painting. The artist began creative activity with oil paints, gouache and tempera. He was engaged in mosaics, stained-glass windows, etching, and signature on porcelain and enamel. His acquaintance with the cultural heritage of Western Europe has played just as important a role. However, his favourite technique was always water colour painting.
The artist’s creativity is devoted to Russia, to the unique charm of old Russian cities, attractive beauty of monuments of Russian architecture, and the world of Russian nature is close to him. Here are both churches and city landscapes, Russian provinces and foreign countries, still-life, interiors and all favourite flowers. Sergey Andriaka’s creativity opens to the spectator the beauty of world around. The artist continues the undertakings of such glorified predecessors as Brullov, Savrasov, Levitan, Vrubel. He carefully, yet creatively maintains, and develops the art of tradition of masters of classic multilayered water colour.
Sergey Nikolayevich Andriaka participated in many Moscow, regional and foreign exhibitions (more than two hundred since 1985). Creativity of the National artist of Russia in known and admired in Germany, Switzerland, France, Austria, Japan, China and other countries. His works are in the largest museums of the world and private collections.
- 1976 — graduated from Surikov Art School.
- 1976 to 1982 studied in Surikov Institute’s faculty of painting. Diploma in 1982 — historic picture “On Kulikov’s Field. Eternal Memory.”
- 1979 to 1985 worked in the Creative Workshops of the Academy of Arts of the USSR.
- 1979 to 1985 in parallel with study at the institute, and then simultaneously with work in the Creative Workshops taught painting in the Art School under the aegis of the Surikov institute.
- 1983 — entered the Artists Union of the USSR.
- 1985 to 1989 worked as senior lecturer in the Surikov Moscow State Art Institute.
- 1996 — honorary title “Honoured Artist of the Russian Federation” awarded.
- 1999 — art director of the Sergey Andriaka Moscow State Specialized School of Water Colour with museum and exhibition centre.
- 2001 — correspondent member of the Russian Academy of Arts.
- 2005 — honorary title “People’s Artist of the Russian Federation” awarded.
- 2007 — full member of the Russian academy of arts.
- 2008 — it is awarded by the distinction «For merits in front of Moscow» And the certificate of honour of the Moscow municipal duma.